Thursday, December 29, 2011

Vacation Rules

Not vacation rules as in rules for vacation. I mean vacation RULES!

We had a great Christmas. It was fun and mellow and full of great food. I'll get to that in the next post. First, let's cover the fun stuff we've been up to on vacation!

We hit up Pescadero--one of our favorite haunts. First stop was the beach for some fun in the sun--er, sun mingled with bitter cold winds that slapped me in the face upon exiting the car.





I love how this knit beanie showcases her adorable curls





Beezie's favorite new trick--being a tiny dancer. If you tell her do her twinkletoe dance moves, she breaks out into a baby jig.

We ran into our good friend Robert Bradshaw in the general store, and he told us to hit the goat farm up the road.

All of the cheeses are laid out in the room, and you can sample each one. I got a wheel of the cranberry topped fresh cheese. SO tasty.



We also hit up the Dinosaurs Unearthed exhibit in Berkeley. They had lifesize animated dinos. It was worth every penny.





We lucked out in the weather department again--it was absolutely gorgeous, and the exhibit was on top of this hill with the best views around.



B enjoyed all of the free space to roam around in the sun

We hit up the Monterey bay Aquarium, and had J tag along for the fun. She came in handy when it was time to take pics.



They had a great time, and J was a big help. How do I get my hands on a helpful and well mannered 5 year old to help me around the house?

Ta-da! That's what we've been up to.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Beezie is so pretty and cute all at once. I love the pic of you two Twinkle-Toes dancing together. I am always envious when I see these posts of your adventurous adventures. My vacation has also ruled--a lot of cleaning and an exciting venture to Valley Fair Mall.

Greg said...

Kaari, good job on enjoying your vacation! I have to say that the beach looked a little cold though...I usually like the beach better when you don't have to wear coats and knit caps!

Happy New Year!