Wednesday, December 21, 2011

First Annual Jingle Jam

Who doesn't want a house full of friends and kiddios? I know I do. Behold--our first annual Jingle Jam!

Basically, everyone descends on our house for 4 hours, and removes every single toy from every single location in our house while we eat food and dance the day away.


The day started out with my "famous" pulled pork sandwiches for the moms. I usually roast my own pork shoulder, but I'm tired. It's mid-December. Who has energy or time to spare? So I used Costco's pre-cooked pulled pork, 2 onions, and 2 bottles of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. As the label says, the sauce is the boss. It's what sets a good bbq pork sandwich apart from a great bbq pork sandwich.

The kids got their usual fare--dino nuggets, fruit candies, juice, crackers...you know the drill. This was not a fancy party.

Let the party begin! Beezie kicked things off by trying to crush her house. She tries to ride everything. So weird.

The kids had a blast playing with one another, and all of the B's toys.


Align Center



Andrew entertained Beezie with silly faces that I'm sure she will imitate down the line. This kid needs an older brother.
The moms kicked back and enjoyed a fun morning of holiday revelry.



Beezie and Kai Kai disappeared for a few minutes...guess what they were up to?

Mess making shenanigans of epic proportions!! These two are in cahoots, I tell you! Don't let their fair Scandinavian faces fool you.


B lorded over her mess with pride.

Her face of pride

After lunch, we did a gift exchange, which the kids loved. We got a cute ice-cream cone ornament. Score!








Thanks everyone for a rockin good time. We hope to see all of you rocking around the Christmas tree next year!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm sorry I missed that pulled pork. I use that bbq sauce too, based on a past recommendation from you.

FOUR HOURS?!? I would have died. When I throw kids' parties I have an end time 90 minutes after the start time. Maybe that's why I'm not the Mostess!

Beezie has the best curves of any baby I know!

The Gilberts said...

Wow! kids a kid party too? I'm with Ashley on the 90 minutes-- way to sacrifice your house for the fun and merry of christmas memories. Looks like a blast