Friday, March 27, 2009

To All the Ladies of the 80's

Our friend Joe just got a new job. Never one to shy away from legit or less-than-legit reasons to go dancing, I hauled it up to SF to hang with Joe and the ladies to celebrate. Basically, your Grandma's friend Edna could have her gall bladder removed, and if there's dancing involved, I'd celebrate it. I could dance all night every night if left to my own devices. I'm kind of a freak that way. Lancer was supposed to join us, but he was too tired. Next time!

We started out as demure ladies at Club Deluxe on the Haight:


And then let our big hair down at Cat Club for "1984" night...all the good stuff from the 80's. The back room is all "alternative" music from a time when that actually meant something. The front room is all the mainstream stuff. We like to bounce between the rooms, especially when the weirdos start congregating in the back room. I'll spare you the deets. Next time I will try and take a photo--truly worth a thousand words.

We bounced to the front of the club and danced on the stage. The cage would have made for *hi-larious* pictures, but a hot mess of a drag queen wouldn't get out. We settled. Only in San Francisco, I tell you.

As we left the club (2 hours and hopefully 3 pounds later) there was some dude who is my new best friend serving up hotdogs wrapped in bacon and smothered in grilled onions, ketchup, mustard, mayo and jalapeno peppers. This seems like an AWESOME idea at 1 am. Less so at 7 am. Ugh. Turns out that guy may actually be my mortal enemy. I've been shopping for a new one since the ol' ball n chain told me I was "too old" to have one, and this guy is a frontrunner.

Here's to another great night out on the town with you ladies! Oh, right..and congrats to Joe for his new job. Let us know when you have your" first day" so we can go dancing for that too!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

midnight hotdogs vs dancing....it's a toss-up.

my general rule is to refrain from hotdog consumption, but when i go for it, i go all out and really, really enjoy that baby.

i hope you enjoyed every minute of it (minus the morning-after yuckies)