Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Baby, We Were Born to Run


I dream in color all night, every night, and I always remember my dreams in the morning. Once, I wrote an entire episode of Cold Case in my dreams, and it was actually really good. I would spill the deets, but I may decide I'm bound for stardom some day, so I will keep it to myself for now.

A few weeks ago, I had a dream about jogging. I was running along, and liking it. I'm not a runner, mind you, so I thought this was a little weird. The next night I had the same dream. And then the next night, and the next night...every single night, I was jogging in my dreams.

I decided the universe was telling me something, so when I was hiking at Rancho San Antonio a few weeks ago, I decided to hike up, and jog down, alternating my jogging with walking. 60 seconds of jogging, 90 seconds of walking, all the way down. I LOVED IT. I think I may be hooked.

I got an Ipod Shuffle as an early bday gift (thanks Lancer!!) so I can incorporate music into my new routine. This is necessary for me, and a lot less clunky than my 120 Giga-biter. That thing needs some de-chubbing along with this lil jogger.

Any suggestions or tips for a new jogger? I always stretch before and after, and have managed to avoid shinsplints and other nasty jogger ailments thus far.

On a slightly related note, I have also been having dreams that my NKOTB tix were either lost in the mail, or thrown away by us because we thought they were junk mail. I think I should call Ticketmaster ASAP so I can finally get a good night's sleep.

4 comments:

Lance said...

You are amazing! Get good shoes!

Alie said...

i can't believe that you have finally decided that running is the best thing EVER! i love it!!! I'm so excited for you :) we definitely need to get together and hit the pavement.

Life's a Dance said...

Best advice I got was to run to a favorite song - when it is over walk. Then on the next song, run and the next song, walk. It is a good way to track your stamina and how long you can last thru the songs and watch it get longer and longer. :) Good luck!

Kristina said...

So fun! If you ever need a running buddy, definitely give me a call!