Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Feva

Spring is springing. Yippeee! The husbie and I took a day trip to HMB to pick up some plants and pots to get our yard ready for spring. We were toying with the idea of playing on the beach, but we had so much fun hanging out with plants and fountains that we blew off the ocean. Never underestimate the power of Dutch tulips.


HMB has a ton of great nurseries, and we went from one to the next for hours picking out plants and seeds for the backyard. We decided to skip tomatoes this year after our demon seed fiasco last year. In short, we planted 2 tomato plants that became possessed, eating plants, walkways and even a landscaping light.



We hit our favorite place to buy fountains and planters--Fabbri Statuary

Everytime we're in HMB, we stop by. And then we fall in love with a piece. And then Lance thinks there won't be enough room for it in the car (he's overestimates the space needed) and I convince him there is (I underestimate space). We split the difference, and it fits with little room to spare. Story of our lives.

Lancer picked out a sago palm for the new planter we hauled home

Home sweet home!


I'm starting slow in the gardening department this year. I'm going to do strawberries, cherry tomatoes, and herbs. Lancer is the real green thumb in this fan-damily.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Man-you two are really one of my favorite couples. I totally need to hit up HMB again-it's been a little while...love the photos! Want that plant...scared of your tomato plant....p.s. I got your letter and yes-I will probably need to get a pay pal eventually;)

Tiffany said...

HMB has a special place in my heart :)

leakysieve said...

I really need to go there. I am coveting your new pot.