Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Preschool

Blakely started preschool in August. I was conflicted about doing a co-op, or a drop and run. I love the idea of being involved in her school, and working in her classroom, so I decided on a co-op. It's been great! I'm on the board, which has already been a lot of fun. We organized our first ever silent auction, and raised nearly $1300. Our school is a non-profit, so all of the money must be raised within the school community.


It's a charming little school in Birdland, super close to us. I was able to work on B's first day, which was a blast.


Here's little lady--that's a true face of pride. No accidents, no hitting, and no fussing earned her a doughnut with 'sparkles.' Nice work, B! She had the same little backpack last year, and I asked her if she wanted a new one. She said she already had one--so she vetoed it. Thrifty gal she is.

 




Her best friends in class are Jonah and Hadley, according to her. She absolutely loves going to school, playing with her friends, and playing on the playground. I'm not surprised by the fact that she loves it--she's an outgoing social bird. She also loves her teacher, Mrs. Vargas.

I got to work on the day closest to her birthday, which happened to be a field trip to Raynor Park. We brought sack lunches for everyone, and got to celebrate B's birthday with her class. She wore the crown well.

 
 I bid on a Build a Bear date with Mrs. Vargas, and we went with Jonah to cash it in this week.







 Let's just pretend these two goofballs came up with better names than Kiki and Bubble. The best part is that B insists Kiki is a boy. Allrighty, then.

No comments: