Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Merry & Bright

Tis the season to be busy! We've been busy little bees this December, and I just finished up the last package for shipment this morning. I will be tackling the Christmas cards tomorrow, and then it's Easy Street for me until January.  Here's what we've been up to this month!

Decking the halls in our holiday finery



Playing at CDM with friends. Here you will find Beezie dusting off the bones of a wooly mammoth.


 B giving me stink face for no good reason at all


Getting our family photos done by the oh so talented Meghan Macaskill. Dressing for the shoot was a total nightmare until Ashley sent me to Talbot's. I can accept my fate. My outfit was adorbs, and I've been wearing it since then. And, no, you're not crazy. I did buy the same sweater in blue. I know a good thing when I see it--that's why I married that hot guy below!



UGH. I got roped into doing the ward Christmas party AGAIN, and pledged mediocrity, hoping to land someone else the honor next year. This is my Santa chair. Mission accomplished. I wonder who they'll choose next year? (HAHAHAHA! Not me!!)


Team Gray got a deal for a tree farm up in HMB. It included gross apple cider, a train ride, stories with Mrs. Claus, and a letter from Santa that has yet to appear in my mailbox. A festive time was had by all.






They shoved all of us into the caboose. It was cozy, and it appears B had her dad's disdain for tight spots full of people. Drats!


B visiting with the Big Guy. She's okay as long as he plies her with candy. Probably not a great precedent to set.




Making cookies with Colin and Inger


Decorating the holiday tables for the RS dinner


 Hanging with J Bird, who taught B to pull all of her clothes out of the dresser.


Enjoying my village all aglow


Hope your season has been just as merry and bright!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You do Christmas right. The village is so pretty and cozy all aglow like that. May you never have to do another ward Christmas party, and me neither!

brooke said...

Your pictures were beautiful. If you are already shopping at Talbots..you only got a couple good years before Cold Water Creek. I pity you!