Monday, December 10, 2012

Call me Mitt


This is my official concession. I'll toss a bone at Ashley and give her a
lukwarm win. I could rally the troops and try to pull ahead like Obama, but I'll just go ahead and be Mitt. At least he has good hair.

We have that in common
 


Ashley had the good graces to admit that the best pieces in my collection weren't even showcased. I was trying to do her a favor by not adding them, and sticking to the porch area. Since her friends are convinced that "less is more," it probably wouldn't have mattered. But it should be noted that I have an adorable blowmold Santa atop my chimney, as well as two adorable blowmold gingerbread men out front.

Ashley also decided to stick THIS CREEPY LOSER SCARECROW out front for my cookie party this evening. He's been gussied up with a Santa hat and a mathlete button. Tyler had the stones to command me (via Ashley) NOT to return it. Is this guy kidding? Like I'm going to listen to him. He'll return in a most glorious manner. Count down the days.

In the end, it all came down to Ashley's twigs and berries. Congrats on your win, Ashley! Your display of the ol' twig and berries were simply too good to pass up. You should revel in that.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh kaari, this is such a humble speech ...lol. Wow you and mitt do have great hair .

Ashley said...

I'll happily accept your *very gracious* concession speech! And you and Mitt both do have GREAT hair. Hopefully we can all work together going forward for that which this country needs--fantastic displays. Your Santa on the roof really is your PDR. You were a fool not to highlight him, though I suppose he doesn't really count as part of the porch display. And I thought Mr. Bader was the perfect welcome to your cookie exchange!

Em said...

I really appreciate that you two candidates are friends despite all the holiday porch politics.

You and Mitt both do have great hair and I daresay you have loads more personality.

I do love that Ashley and Tyler plugged that Elephant Man-like scarecrow in your yard. What a great friendship.

brooke said...

This speech sounds like sour grapes to me. But who cares about a dumb porch display when you have fantastic hair?