Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trick or Treat

This mug pretty much sums up our Halloween. B went all Rosemary's Baby on me. Wait--does that make me the Devil's vessel? Deets are hazy.

She was on a roll ALL DAY LONG. Through blog reading, I've come to realize a little too late that an appropriate solution for this behavior is a (gentle) toss into the crib. Thanks, gals!

Post S & G Carpet meltdown.



After a short, crappy azz excuse of a nap, I was convinced she was going to wail and gnash her teeth all night long in true Lionel Richie fashion. However--the minute we got to Kai Kai's, she looked like this little angel:


This could mean one of two things. One--she's been cooped up in the house far too long, and relished her freedom and friends. Two--sister friend is gaming me. Either way, I'm glad the demon that possessed her earlier took a hike, and I was left with my adorable baby Pooh. What's that you say? You thought she was going to be a witch? Ha! Me too. But B saw Kai Kai was going to be Tigger, and decided she couldn't fathom not matching him.

Pooh and Tigger





 

Hitting the mean streets of Sunnyvale with the gang







B and Kai were enchanted by this little witch. I had to carry them off the porch.


Somebody decided to take advantage of a great big front yard


Loving on Mom and Pops





After we got back, we hung out with Team Andersen, and the kids played with the ball popper.



 Yeah, it was that fun.


After we got home, I decided I needed a night out on the town to regroup from my day. I decided that seeing Pitch Perfect was just what the doctor ordered.


I invited my hilarious and awesome friends. Here's a picture of all of us living life large. We're an unstoppable force for fun!


Yeah, I went by myself. It wasn't weird. At the very least, it was a million times less embarrassing than scraping my kid off the showroom floor. Pitch Perfect is the lovechild of two amazing parents--Glee and Bring it On. It's movie magic. Go see it.

You can find me lazing around until Thanksgiving. Oh, snap. Make that until my Breaking Dawn Part Two party. At least I get two weeks off.

Happy November. I can't wait for a delicious turkey sammi. Who's with me?

5 comments:

Tyler said...

B and K were so cute hugging it out in their Pooh costumes!

I am not surprised you went to the movie alone--you are SUCH an independent woman. I mean, you really don't just follow the crowd do you. What a strong and independent one you are! Can't keep you away from a movie you want to see, no ma'am!

Ashley said...

Oh Tyler, always beating me to the comments.

The Mostess said...

Hahaha. I thought the last part may have been Tyler, but the first part screamed Ashley.

Yes, I'm not gonna let any man tell me what movie I can or can't see. Outta my way!

Carly said...

So glad someone got pictures of my kid on Halloween (at least 1 of them). You know I'm stealing these to use them on my blog. I love the one of the three kids from the back. And truly nothing makes me happier than when Kai and B act like the besties they are...and not the demons they can be.

Greg said...

Kaari, I actually remember being dragged along a kid while my parents went carpet shopping. It was perhaps one of the most excruciatingly boring activities I was ever forced to do. I'm with B on this one!