Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Lake Tahoe

I've never done a Lake Tahoe getaway before, and decided to organize a trip with friends before summer came to an end. I found this great little resort that was $99 a night--it was a fun, family friendly resort with private lakefront access, 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, and a bbq area. Ferrari's Crown Resort--check it out! Here are the highlights.

The Pool


It had a great kiddie pool that allowed us to lounge around while the kids splashed around and swam. It was heavenly.


The kids are all 'fishing' in this picture.

Poor Braden. He's a little duckling following his Mama duck around. This is what happens when she leaves.


Late night bed jumping and other assorted shenanigans



Walks along the beach at sunset





A little miniature golfing. This place has been in business since the 50's, and has some fun retro pieces throughout the course. Beezie and Braden had a blast, though I think it's safe to say neither one is destined for the PGA.





Had some tasty treats by the shore. I stole B's ice cream, and was enjoying it when Sarah came over and declared that it was B's, and demanded I give it to her.



Had a tasty bbq under the moonlight.



Jumped Kristine's car--time to get a new battery, lady!


The Lake


I figured the lake would be freezing cold, and that we could just play along the shoreline. But it ended up being nice and toasty. B loved hanging out and swimming.







B learned how to collect and throw rocks with a quick tutorial from the boys. This was her favorite pastime.






On our last day, we headed to Virginia City, Nevada. It's a fully restored ghost town, and a total blast for the kids. B is really into spooky things, including ghosts and skeletons, so she was in heaven.



They had the cutest little candy shop with ice cream, caramel apples, and treaties galore.



We toured an old mine, and relished the natural air conditioning.



We took a ride in a authentic old stagecoach. It was WILD and CRAZY. Totally worth the trip to Virginia City alone.







The train. The kids were all excited to ride on the historical diesel train. They all lined up with their little train tickets.



Choo Choo!


And that wraps up our first--but hopefully not our last--trip to Tahoe!

5 comments:

Hayley said...

Looks like a blast! I love b's sunglasses & hat. And I love how she already knows that all good times with friends require a jump on the hotel bed ;)

Greg said...

Kaari, I want you to plan my next vacation for me! This looks like a lot of fun and I'm impressed that you got such a good rate and what looks like an awesome resort!

Ashley said...

Tyler's cabin needs to get a pool--I crave a pool every time I'm up there.

How nice that the lake was warm enough to play in! It's always freezing for us--thus necessitating the need for a pool.

Virginia City looks like a hoot! That's on my list for next time.

Kristine Gray said...

So glad we could join you. It was a blast. Next time, I want to stay longer.

Alie said...

So fun!!! Inger told me she had a blast!