Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Harvest Time

I don't want my loyal blog readers to think I'm some sort of slacker, and that I didn't bother to decorate for fall just because I'm not embroiled in a testy Display-Off with my lovely friend Farts McGee this year. You may know her as Ashley, but you better bet your bottom dollar her college friends know her by the moniker above.



Rest your mind, dear readers. I haven't thrown in the towel, or conceded to my exhaustion. I went all out, as usual. Proof is in the pudding. Below is the hand painted sign I made with Kristine. SO cute! It's the Fall edition of the Best of the Bay. I put on scarecrows for Farts. She love 'em!


 It's the return of the damn Hooty Bird! He looks weird without some sort of hat on his head.


I love this part--the apple crate, and TWO different types of fall apples on display.



I'm so glad that Fall is finally here. The air is crisper, it's getting dark sooner, the leaves are all changing color. See you next year, summer. It's all about the pumpkin patches and hay rides for the next few weeks!











5 comments:

Hayley said...

Loving the apple crates & basket! Lovely edition. And the sign is to die for. Can I pay for one? The lemos part makes me want to cry...I can't imagine a fall without lemos. Okay I'm really tearing up. I have to go.

brooke said...

The apples crates are the cutest things ever. Farts McGee wouldn't have a chance this year. She is too busy sleeping anyway...

Ashley said...

Oh gees. I was going to boycott this post for obvious reasons. But I had to chime in to say that while, yes, the sign and apple crate are darling, I still like my display better.

Greg said...

Kaari, your porch looks great (as always)! :-)

I feel like I've asked this before, but are those apples real? They look very tasty!

Em said...

I seriously can't wait for the Ho-Ho-Holiday display-off. You have Ashley's pregnancy working to your advantage, so the pressure's on!