Friday, April 13, 2012

It's a Mad, Mad World

My favorite show at the moment finally came back after a ling hiatus. Welcome back, gang! I missed your drunken debauchery, rampant infidelity, chauvinistic ways, killer costuming, and continuous smoking.

We decided to have a little costume party to celebrate. The theme was "dinner around the world" in honor of Betty's ill-fated dinner party by the same name.

I went as Joan Holloway.


Here we have Joan and Roger snuggling up. Their adulterous affair was quite the storyline. Don't worry, Mom. The drinks and ciggies are all fake.

I love this amazing shot from the streets of SF. Time transport straight back to the 60's!


The distinguished gents. I kind of wish men still dressed like this every day.



This is Jojo doing her best disgruntled housewife impression. May I suggest some psychotherapy?

Jenna--as Sal Romano--and Mal showing off her homemade pineapple upside down cake.


Dapper Lancer. Nice fedora, baby!

The food was delicious. We had all of the classic dishes from the time, including these delish deviled eggs.

The desserts. My Pretzel and Jello salad joined Mal's pineapple upside down cake.


Joan also dazzled the crowd with this lovely homemade trifle. It was beautiful!

The season premiere was awesome, and the rest of the episodes thus far have delivered. It's good to have such a horrible group of flawed people to share my Sunday evenings with.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Maybe I'll have to try watching an episode one of these days. You did a good job of dressing like Joan Holloway! Loved the costume!

ShopGirlSF said...

I'm still upset that I didn't get to have more of that jello salad and trifle!