Sunday, March 4, 2012

Filoli Fun

I hate to keep posting about our great weather. I feel like a braggart. It was in the low 70's yesterday, and we packed up and hit Filoli Gardens.



The flowers were all blooming, and the grounds were inspiring. I want to start my spring container gardening. Hello Topsy Turvy for tomatoes and strawberries! My bounty will be overflowing.

B had a great time checking out all of the sites. She was especially interested in the gravel leading up to the main house. She kept running her hands through it, kicking it, handing us handfuls, etc.






She got the best ride in the house. Lucky gal.

The grounds are almost 700 acres. It has huge gardens, pools, and a grand house, This in the entrance.


All that walking made us famished, so we ate at the cafe. See, real men do eat quiche. And they wash it down with Pellegrino and scones.


Beezie loved checking out the birds in this huge antique birdcage. They're gorgeous white doves.

We continued to stroll the grounds, and B enjoyed being able to run all over the place.


Seriously. How cute are these two? She loves playing around with her daddy.



I love that she gets down and dirty in the sand, dirt, and gravel. Her fingernails are totally janky. I need to get a nail scrubber.



I enjoyed the sun and spring flowers, too. It was such a nice way to spend the afternoon.

They have a huge area with grass you can chill on. We all just lounged and hung out. I can't wait for the warmer weather to be permanent.



Spring--we've missed you. So glad you're here! Anyone planting anything this year? I'm interested in planting tulips, and other assorted container gardening, but I'm not totally committed yet.

3 comments:

Greg said...

I love the pics of Lance and B and my most favorite was of B on Lance's shoulders. We went on a fun family walk today out exploring and I put E. on my shoulders like that too!

I wish I could get more excited about planting stuff this Spring, but, sadly, I just can't muster the energy to add that to my stuff to do these days! Good luck with your garden though!

Hayley said...

Your hair looks great. As does lancer's; did he change up his style? Looks good.
I was just thinking about how I need a new nail scrubber for the miglets the other day. They use mine to scrub the tub when they are bathing & it's completely disgusting now, as are their nails.
Filoli is amazing. I haven't been for probably 10 years. Glad you are enjoying the weather!

Elizabeth said...

These pics are fantastic. B is so cute (as always). Your Lunch look very yum!