Sunday, March 4, 2012

Movin' On Up



Okay. I'm just going to say it. WE BOUGHT A NEW HOUSE!!!!







Hah! I wish. But we did get a house, and for a one room shack, she's a beauty. A little old, and a little faded, but I think she will clean up nicely.


Let's call a spade a spade. She's dumpy. But she came with this ugly little table for a whopping total of $25.


I know, right? Ugly too! These people should be paying me to take this crap off their hands.

In related news, the playhouse/picnic table seller threw in this guy for free just to get it out of his yard. I'm a landfill hero!


Then I snapped up this ugly little number off CL for free. I couldn't stop snatching up fugly backyard items that would be better off in the dump.


But I have a secret weapon in my artsy arsenal. And here it is!


Krylon Fusion spray paint for plastic. It's available in an array of colors, and can make over all of my furniture, restoring everything to its former glory! In fact, I think my made over pieces will be better than the original state, since all of the colors were sketchy and ill advised.

Stay tuned to see all of my amazing made over pieces. I'm gunning for shock and awe!

My backup weapon, of course, is the upcoming city cleanup day where residents can dump anything out front, and the city will haul it away for free. Should any of these projects turn out, ahem, less than stellar...I can just kick them to the curb--literally. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

teuscher travels said...

If that stuff works as advertised your pieces should be darling! B is a lucky girl. I have a whole list of outdoor toys I want and will need to get Craigslist savvy, paint might rescue many a sad piece. Also I am too lazy to comment on the other post too, but b is just to cute and I lOve the daddy daughter pics!

Kristine Gray said...

Can't wait to see how your paint job turns out. I want to give it a try on our little picnic table.

Molly said...

Looks to me like you're opening a daycare with all those fancy plastic play things. :)

Greg said...

Kaari--you had me going for a second there. I hope you enjoy the table though. We had the exact some one and our kids loved it!

Hayley said...

$25??? you go girl.
i had the exact same kitchen as a wee-one.

ps- have i always had to type in the word verification on your blog?
for some reason it's really tricky for me to comment from my phone with those guys.

Lance said...

I'm most impressed with you ability to load up the lil Honda. She is quite a pack mule!

brooke said...

I can't wait to see what that paint can do...I am loving that you have joined the rest of us with big ugly plastic toys!