Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Rock

Lance's adorable cousin and 3/4 of her kids came to SF on a trip. Lucky for us, we talked them into touring THE ROCK. I totally hear Sean Connery saying that as I'm typing. You?


Anywhoo, we had a blast. Angie is an outgoing talker just like me, so we got along swimmingly. The kids liked Beezie...maybe a bit too much. As in 'fought over who got to talk to, push, play with, and feed her' throughout the day. NO complaints. I got free babysitting, and Beezie ate it up.

The funmakers


It was a gorgeous day. February can go either way in the city, but we lucked out in the weather department. It was absolutely gorgeous.


We enjoyed our tour. I'm sad to say that despite living here half my life, I've never been to Alcatraz. I will have to go back when Beezie is a bit older, and able to enjoy the audio tour.

At one point, B felt sleepy, and laid down on the ground. But not before licking the concrete. Sick.


After the tour, we walked around SF, and soaked up the sun. We checked out the lovely sea lions in all their sunbathing glory.

We walked along the Embarcadero, and then made out way down to Gott's for some fancy grub.


Mmmmmm...always a hit. They have the best sweet potato fries in the world.


Thanks for meeting up with us. We'll try and make it back east soon, and you can treat me to a Wahlburger.

In totally unrelated news, Beezie has been dunking her Paddington Bear in the toitie. TWICE. I thought the first time was a fluke, but then she overlooked her other toys, and dunked him again 2 days later. He must look thirsty.

I also found the world's best white elephant gift for this annual party. I present to you....The Dollottoman!


It's a doll....it's a small ottoman...it's a dollottoman! What's not to love? We won a prize for the best worst gift. You know the recipient is having nightmares, and curses us daily for this "great find." You're welcome!

B continues to cute it up with her curly locks, big smiles, and sassy words. Seriously. This kid is secretly watching Jerry Springer, I'm positive of this. She wags her finger and says "no, no, no" while staring you down. Who else could have taught her to talk to the hand? Ain't no way she learned that from me, even though I'm all that and a bag of chips!

2 comments:

Greg said...

Kaari, your adventures always look like so much fun! I still can't believe thought that you've never been to Alcatraz before. I think I've actually been there twice and I've only been to San Fran like 3x in my whole life!

Em said...

I loved that Beezie laid on the ground (and licked it)! She and Mita are kindred spirits.

Can't wait to see how your cheap outdoor toys turn out!