Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hot in the City

Every time we hit the beach, we always lament that we should do it some more. So we have been. And it has been awesome.

I like this GQ shot of Lancer


We went up to San Francisco, and hit Ocean Beach. Usually, Ocean Beach is freezing. I usually wear a parka. This time, it was hot and breezy. Perfect summer weather.


You can see the Cliff House (and a very toned butt) in the background. It felt wrong to be so close, and not dip in for the crab Louis. I would have stolen some more popovers for Lancer just to eat there.



B ate fewer scoops of sand on this outing. Let's hope this is a trend.

We also did the street fair in Los Gatos. LG is a fun little town with a great downtown area. We checked out the booths--which mostly consisted of toe rings, ugly jewelry, and fugly paintings--and then headed down to have a picnic lunch.


Time for family lunch on the grass!


Beezie on the move





I also got to duck into Icing on the Cake, which has a ton of GF items I can eat. It was oh-so-tasty.


The real entertainment, however, was this horrible drunk woman and her dance moves. I took a few photos of the awesomeness, but I couldn't completely capture the magic. So I took video. You can say thanks when you see me next. My favorite move is the attempted scissor kick.

PS--legit props to the sweatband man dancer.



6 comments:

brooke said...

Legitimately, the funniest thing I have seen all summer. I can't believe you captured those sweet dance moves--those blue shorts...holy crap.

I am going to be watching this again and again and again.

Hayley said...

Good grief! I thought she was going to injure herself when she jumped half an inch off the ground! Glad she made it back down okay.

Beach looks beautiful! I love b's shirt...mom, I. Have pjs just like this :) (isn't at the sf discovery museum shirt?)

& last but not least, I always go to street fairs excited about what awaits me, but it's always the same ol junkety junk. Nothing I would ever want to own.
Fun weekend!

LJ, DC and ML said...

Oh grody. I saw the video on your facebook but was hoping that was not a real life encounter. Then again its about 10 times funnier knowing it is real.

Ashley said...

Yowza. That was unreal. Can't believe you lived it! You totally nailed street-fair goods--I have a dream of buying some always cute unique thing at one at yet everything is always so fugtastic. Beezey must be better at the beach than Bennett. We went this weekend in Tahoe and it was a crawl-in-th-sand fest.

Stephanie said...

Wow...my little brother is currently attempting to master that scissor kick, but I don't think he'll ever get his quite as awesome as hers...the whole trip was totally worth that video!

Em said...

That is just gross. I hope that woman is nobody's mother. The guy...he had some moves.

It's so nice reading this and seeing that B is doing so many of the same thing my baby does. Like banshee scream. And wear the same outfits. B is just the cutest little thing, and is clearly giving Mita a run for her money in the race to become Bennett's boyfriend.