Monday, June 20, 2011

It's Gettin Hot in Herre

This post is going to be quick and dirty--not a lot of jibber-jabber. I take off VERY early in the morning for a visit to The Heartland, but I wanted to get this post done before I leave.

Summer is officially here! We had another cool and rainy spring, so I am happy that the sun is out. The warm weather, cool breezes, beach, BBQ's, ice-cream, and amusement parks. I'm smitten with summer.

Dave and Bon-Bon came down for a visit. We had fun hanging out with them, and we talked Bon-Bon into coming to Gilroy Gardens with us. She was a fan.


We accidentally dressed like twins. I promise it was accidental. You know this is true because I have nothing against matchy-matchy, and I would totally cop to it.



Having fun on the boats


Colin made sure he made his intentions known





I love this picture--me and lil' me



Taking a drive with Grandma

But nothing beats cruising in your own wheels! Sweet, sweet freedom!



All tuckered out after a long day in the sun!

We also hit the beach with friends. My favorite beach is New Brighton in Capitola. The day was absolutely perfect--warm with a cool breeze. I don't mind paying the $10 cover because it keeps out the riffraff.

These bunsies were made for the beach


Colin came along for the fun again. It's fun to see these two together. B can finally hold her own, and they spent a good amount of time wrestling over toys.



Eating Mum Mums, her new favorite. It's funny to hear her little teeth chomping on the crackers.



My Mom is SO mean. She won't let me eat sand!



We also hit up the Oakland Zoo with Braden and the Twinners.

The flamingos and giraffes were a big hit


B had fun hanging out with Braden



We also celebrated out first father's Day! After Lancer went to bed, I set up this sweet little table for him.

Why, yes, that is a Shake Weight! Don't front, you know you want one. We also gave him a vintage Daddies book, some nuts and chews from See's, and the best part of the offering--a digital frame for his office--pre-loaded with family pictures. Now he can see his little family all day long!

I expect to return from The Heartland with lots of pictures containing corn and brats. Until then!

1 comment:

brooke said...

Sam and I get the giggles every time the shake weight comes on tv...it just doesn't look right!

I love B's thighs. She could hold her own with Buster! And of course, I love the matchy matchy!