Saturday, March 26, 2011

I Don't Think You're Ready for This Jelly

On Friday it rained, it poured. I'm sure the old man was snoring somewhere. I couldn't take it anymore. I packed up Beezie, picked up Miss J who was out on spring break, and we headed over to Fairfield to take the free Jelly Belly tour.

The decision was made at playgroup that morning. Look at B sit! She's got a serious advantage with all that junk in her trunk.



At first, no one was on board to join in the jelly belly fun--but a few hours later I had convinced 3 others to go with me. Seems like I'm taking my job of bringing the fun back seriously! Off we went!

Team Tinger was definitely in the Jelly Belly spirit


The 40 minute tour was about 20 minutes too long. That aside, it was fun and interesting. I got samples of the beans, and B sampled the hat, which she found quite tasty.

When all was said and done, B showed how she felt about the tour! We will definitely be going back down the line. The only difference is that I will refrain from buying a big bag of candy, and eating so much that I got a stomachache like a 3 year old. I have no self control. It's not my fault, though. They usher you through the gift shop at the end of the "free" tour, knowing full well that you will drop $$ on their delicious beans. Our free tour ended up costing $8.

The driving and tour wiped me out, so I was totally excited to come home and rest my little head on my awesome new Tempurpedic pillow. It was an early birthday gift from Lancer--yeah, we're lame. But you can't put a price on a good nights sleep!


Our old Tempurpedic pillows had fallen apart after 6 years, so it was time for an upgrade. Lancer bought mine first, and I spent the week breaking it in while his was on backorder. As I hopped into bed, I noticed that my pillow felt weird. It felt hard and lumpy, and had a scratchy pillowcase on it. I gave it a serious pat-down, trying to figure out what was going on. I rolled over and tried to just suck it up, but the pillowcase was chafing my cheek.

I tried to unzip it, but was met with the stinky smell--the same smell mine had right out of the box. I was confused because the smell had dissipated over the week. I started feeling around the bed for another pillow to use, which woke Lancer up. He asked what was up, but remained awfully quiet. I asked him if he had accidentally switched our pillows, and he mumbled incoherently--but offered up his "new" pillow. It felt suspiciously familiar.

This morning, he meandered out into the living room, looking guilty. He asked me to help him "break in his new pillow." I quickly realized he had pulled the old switcheroo on me last night--he stole my nice, broken in pillow, hoping I wouldn't notice. Lame! I am mulling over ways to get even. Revenge, you know, is best served up on a scratchy pillowcase.

2 comments:

brooke said...

That Lancer is a sly dog. I'm glad you sniffed out. Sam is constantly trying to take my big nice pillow and give me his little flimsy, stinky pillow. No dice.

Ashley said...

I'll have to get the lowdown on the jelly belly factory--worth it or not. Is it really an hour and a half drive?