Tuesday, March 22, 2011

How Kaari Got Her Groove Back

This post is speculative, because my groove is still missing. And I'm fairly certain that finding it does not involve one Taye Diggs.


Thankfully, it's not just me. We were chatting after my Storytime this morning, and we were trying to figure out ways to bring on the fun.

My own thoughts on the subject were formed when I realized that all of my thoughts have revolved around my numb leg, caloric burn, water aerobics, and weight loss. That crap ain't fun!! I blame the oldies in my water aerobics class--every day is a litany of complaints about the lifeguard, their vertigo, the selections in the vending machine...you get the picture. It's a pool full of Debbie Downers.

I switched things up tonight and went to Zumba for the first time. This class is attractive to guidos in wifebeaters.

It's the Latin Jazzercise. I had avoided it for a long time because I thought the music was all lameski salsa music. I didn't realize it was Latin hip-hop! I got down, and was sweating buckets by the end. My cheeks are still beet red.

A blow to my vanity

As I was exiting the parking lot, I was amazed at the jackwagon who pulled off this one. I reckon the Y loses about 6-8 prime spots to bad parkers every day! I'm submitting it to badparking.us.


I digress. How are we all going to amp up the fun? Stephanie suggested that we caravan down to Burbank and try out for TV shows. I wanna come on down to the Price is Right!! I would rule Pinko--the pink, fuzzy stairs are calling my name!


Who's in? The first step to winning is being an audience member. Tickets available here. There's a 9/325 chance we will be selected. I suck at math, but those are good odds, right? Is there a Mathlete in the house??

5 comments:

Kara said...

As for the Price is Right, you get picked on how excited you are to be there. They want their contestants to freak out and be excited. If you're not excited they don't ask you to participate. So if you freak out you have a better chance of getting on. I wish I could go with you!

brooke said...

It has long been my dream to go on the Price is Right. I begged Sam to take me on my honeymoon to Burbank.

You are totally right. Zumba is the latin Jazzercise. My mom is totally addicted. She goes three times a week!

Carly said...

You should get your recruits to wear Twilight shirts and to sing that Bye Birdie song incessantly until selected. You'd be a shoe in. Oh, and I'd be down. That goes without saying, right?

LJ, DC and ML said...

Taye Diggs is yummy. Thank you for the morning eye candy. Too bad he's not leading your Zumba class!

Ashley said...

I went to the Price Is Right once. It ruined the dream for me--it's one tiny stage where the bring on the different games/wheel/etc.--not the massive wonderland that existed in my brain. And Bob Barker was a total letdown. Okay really I am just bitter because I didn't get on. If we are doing gameshows, lets get serious and do Wipeout! I'm dying to be on that!