Monday, February 28, 2011

Watererobics Isn't Just for the Old...

...it's for the old AND me! I think I found my next big career. I am going to become a certified Aqua Aerobics Instructor.

This is how my job looks in my mind--I'm hot, skinny, and tan--and I have throngs of hip class participants dancing in the water as I play Jay-Z. Dang, my butt looks awesome!

This is the reality of how the job would actually pan out. Scarce class, foam water weights, and old people sweatin' to the oldies. Cue the Phil Collins.

I am the only one in class with my original parts, and I ain't talking about boobs, though mine are totally real. I don't think there's a real hip or knee in the bunch.

It's all good, though, because that makes me the default class star. Today we were stretching at the wall, and kicking our leg out. The teacher exclaimed "My, Kaari! I can tell you are a ballet dancer--look at that leg go!!" I didn't exactly dissuade her of this notion, and now the class thinks I am an accomplished dancer. I blame the teacher.

I am excited for my new career as a former trained ballerina/Aqua Aerobics Instructor. My ego is in check, though, since I'm still wearing my maternity suit. That should keep me grounded until that awesome butt shows up on my backside.

3 comments:

Kristine Gray said...

You go girl! Here is a whole new career path opening up. Pretty soon all the celebs and cool people will be telling Conan that's what they do to stay in shape.

Heather said...

The nice thing is you wouldn't have to worry about being out-exercised by your class. The down side is you will probably have to perform CPR on one of them at some point...

Ashley said...

Yoga was sorta along the same lines--geriatric. Unfortunately that didn't make me the class star. Maybe with all your dancer/water skillz you can one day move on to synchronized swimming.