Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Random Junk

I have all sorts of tales to tell, but none of them warrants a singular post. So, you get a grab bag. Here goes.

My new love is Teen Mom. What a gem. The show follows 4 dummies who got knocked up at 16. People who think this show will promote teen pregnancy have clearly never seen it. This is the typical conversation:

"I'm so disappointed. Jimbo said he was going to get a job, stop smoking weed, and buy my baby diapers. So far, he hasn't done anything."

"I wish my 15 year old boyfriend would stop cheating on me with my friends. That totally bugs."

"I never knew having a baby could be so hard. Without any money and a high school diploma, how am I going to ever get a job??"

Don't get knocked up at 16. It's a bad idea.

I hope they lock up this klepto and throw away the key for a year. She's irreparably broken. Bye, bye sticky fingers!!


Lots of recent developments on the gluten-free front. First, I scored this yummy GF ravioli at Costco of all places. Jackpot!
And...Erik's Deli started carrying GF bread in their stores. They will do any order on GF bread for you, and it's free. I have been eating waaaaayyyy too many tuna sandwiches. I just saw that they have 800 calories. Geh.

B has been enjoying the warm weather, and playing at the park with friends. It's been in the 70's here--unseasonably warm and lovely.

First time in a swing--she loved it!

Here is our new garage door! It really makes the house look 100% better. I can hardly wait to paint the house.

I ran into my old friend Michelle at Happy Hollow last week. So random! She was visiting from Sacramento. It was great catching up with her and her adorable girls.

One day I came home from running errands, and Lance proclaimed that he was feeding the baby. I found her tucked away on the La-Z-Boy, with her bottle propped up on blankets. Autofeeder--Dad Style.
He also left her pants off--my pet peeve. Every time he changes her, she returns without pants. I would have given him the gears, but decided the onesie showcased her fat lil' thighs, so I forgave him instead.
We have an annual white elephant Valentine's Day gift exchange on Friday--and look what I found!! It was at Goodwill for a mere $7. It comes with an incredible 2 machines--one for upper body, and one for lower body. I was goofing off at the stoplight, and gave my arms a SERIOUS workout. I decided to keep the machine to help with my flab. You aren't getting it, so don't bother coveting.

At the park, the moms relentlessly mocked me for being safety conscious--calling the police with suspicious behavior, carrying a laser guided tazer, having animal control on speed dial. One even alluded that "trouble seems to follow me." As if on cue, a random dog began terrorizing the park. And who saved the day??? MEEEEE!!! I forgive all of you doubters.

Cujo on the rampage, out for blood

I met my Babymomma soulmate the other day at lunch. She had a cute little daughter a few months older than B. We giggled about their matching shirts, swooned over their smiles, and compared beloved baby gear--Trumpette socks, Sophie the Giraffe, Bumbos. We talked about teething, and philosophized about Carter's. I wanted to ask for her number to hang out, but didn't know how without sounding like I wanted to make out with her. So, I let her slip through my fingers. But I believe we will meet again. Soulmates always get second chances.


And...that's it! Well, that and the fact that I want to see Never Say Never. You may have noticed I have a soft spot for talented boy wonders. Who's in??

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

So many cute things, but I just have to say that I'm totally in on the Never Say Never party! Is it OK if I bring my 7 yr. old who's been begging me for a mommy/son date and decided that's what he wants to do.
Wish we lived closer!

Hayley said...

you know i'm in for never say never. i bet if you invite dave ashby, he'll come too. he seems to LOVE that tat & i went to the bieber concert (FOR FREE PEEPS, calm down), & he brings it up in every conversation possible. i think he has beiba feva.

i love that naked thigh pic of b. it's a classic.

you better represent on friday. i don't know what could possibly beat a thighmaster.

& yay for saving the world from random fighter dog. my kids, & the huddled mass of scared moms at the park, thank you.

candace said...

i agree...they totally need to lock her up. ugh, already.

i love the picture of B in the swing! too cute.

dave ashby would probably say no to a movie invite...but if i were you, i would make sure to look for a tall guy with brown hair in the back of the theater when you go:)