Wednesday, September 15, 2010

One Hit, One Miss

This is our adorable rubber baby from the breastfeeding class.

I uploaded the photo to Facebook and tricked a bunch of people into thinking it was Mini. I was happy, because that was my intent. Here's hoping Mini is cuter than this, and doesn't have her thumb permanently locked into the Fonzi "ehhh" position. That class was quite interesting and informative, and I'm glad we went.

Tonight, however, we did our infant care class. What a complete waste of time! I suppose the class would be great if you've never met a baby, known a baby, seen a baby, held a baby, or had a friend or relative with a baby--ever. Otherwise, I'm fairly certain you should know all of the "great info" covered in the baby video. Lance and I suffered through an hour of the class, but realized we had to bail when the video reminded parents-to-be to "never shake your baby, and don't let others shake your baby, either." Lance looked at me, I looked at him, and we fled under the cover of darkness provided by the film.

I was afraid of being tracked down by my doctor, then realized we never signed in. Clever on our part, yes? I do feel a little bad that the teacher came back at some point and noticed our empty table. Not bad enough to actually stay, of course, but a little bad.

3 comments:

Kristine Gray said...

Those classes are pretty lame. And the funny thing is that the morons that really do need them would never think about taking them.

Ashley said...

Even the mention of shaking babies makes me ill. Kristine's point is so true! You've got this baby thing in the bag. Spend your remaining evenings eating out and roaming the mall alone!

Lance said...

I'm glad we left - once I learned not to shake the baby, I had all the info I needed. I'm still haunted from some of those images I saw. Ugh.