Monday, April 19, 2010

What We Have Been Up To

Started out the week with a little GLEE!

Yep, I'm a Gleek, and I'm in good company. Apparently, this is Season 2, since Lindsay and I found Season 1 in the store. You think they would have started out with more of a bang--I was a little let down. Why didn't they do the Madonna episode as the big premiere? I suppose it's cool, because it gives me something to look forward to this week. Cause we are living in a material world, and I am a material girl...

We hit up a SJ Giants game with Tinger.

It was freezing cold, and we left on the early side. The tickets were free, and it turns out there really is no such thing as a free lunch. The crowd was a little on the, um, rough side. But Lancer managed to gnaw on a large turkey leg like Dobbie before we split.


Lance's brother, Royce, came into town for work, and hung out with us.

I kinda sorta remember Lancer saying something about him spending the night here--but not really. I totally forgot he was coming--we didn't even have any food in the house, and there was junk all over. Ugh. Blame it on Zyggi.

We hit up SF and dined at Taylor's Automatic Refresher, bought books @ City Lights, and then checked out Coit tower.

I've lived here for 15 years, and never made it up there. There's a legend about these wild parrots that live there. Sure enough, we saw them--about 50 bright green parrots. I don't know how those babies survive in the cold, foggy city. Aren't they allegedly tropical birds? Hence the mystery, I suppose.


Got a little shopping in for my weekend luau. I hit up the dollar store for all of the decorations. I figured since luau's were supposed to be cheesy, I could buy $1 lawn flamingos and get away with it. I will not be sporting my coconut bra at this particular party. It's up for grabs if you would like to borrow it.

For the menu, I will be serving kalua pork, sticky rice, traditional coleslaw (read: vinegar base, not mayonnaise), fruit salad, and pineapple salsa with chips. I will do tropical punch for the drinks, and coconut macaroons dipped in chocolate for dessert.

I can almost taste the pork as I type. Mmmm.

Am I missing anything food-wise? Anything else you would throw in for some Hawaiian spirit? Mahalo!

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Soooo excited for your Easter basket surprise!!! You will be such a fun mommy!
My favorite website is allmodernbaby.com
Give me your email address and I will send you more.

Ashley said...

Okay I am so excited for your party now! I have some thoughts about the coconuts but I best not put them out there on the blog.

Agreed, Glee was a bit of a letdown, but I am a woman desperate for television so I will take it and be grateful! When does the Bachelorette start?

brooke said...

You guys are good hosts (with a name like the mostess--of course you are.) I doubt the bro-in-law cared one bit about the lack of food and mess.

As for the turkey leg--I saw peeps eating those at Dland and almost lost my lunch. They were so rare they were almost bleeding....yikes.

Lindsay said...

Turns out I didn't buy season one of Glee!!! Just episodes 1-13...The box says Season 1, Volume One. What's up with that??? I forked over $25 bucka and didn't even get the full first season. In any case, the episode we watched last week apparently was just a mid-season episode and no premier. I can't decide if I'm pissed I only have a partial season or stoked that I can watch back episodes on dvd before the whole season is over. Hmmm...

Also, can't wait for that kalua pork. My mouth is watering as we speak!