Monday, June 29, 2009

Good Luck Charms


I never win anything--ever. Allright, once, in junior high. It was a tape of The Cure's Mixed Up, but my parents wouldn't drive me down to the radio station to pick up my free booty, so it was all in vain. Lame.

***But my luck just changed***

I was driving home today, and I hear that Movin 99.7 has a contest. You win free Warped tickets:You qualify to win front row seats at NKOTB:

AND you get qualified to win a free trip to Hawaii for two:

Since I love Hawaii and the Vans Warped Tour (and have a slightly unhealthy obsession with the KIDS, in case you hadn't heard) I started texting my little heart out like a tween gone wild.

A minute later, I get a call from the DJ. I won the tickets to the Warped Tour, and qualified for the NKOTB tickets and the Hawaii trip! I should know if the last two pan out in the next week or so. The DJ kind of goaded me into saying I "wanted to be a front row ho" and played it back on the radio for all to hear. Anything to lay on a white sand beach, right? I hope I never have to run for political office. For shame. If I win the Kids tickets in lieu of the Hawaii trip I think Lance may kill me.

I'm hoping that my luck continues. If you heard me the radio today at 4, you're lucky as well since you got to hear me scream with excitement.

Send good vibes my way!

6 comments:

Sara said...

That is great! I really hope you win those front row tickets, you ho!

brooke said...

I'd say ANYTHING if it got me a trip to Hawaii. So happy for you--you deserve it--I don't know a bigger Kids fan than you.

Alie said...

if i send good vibes your way, will you take me in your suitcase?

Jennifer said...

darn you. i was one of your texting competitors. let me know if you don't end up going to warped tour... i wanted those tickets!! =)

Hayley said...

nicely done! assuming lance has to travel when you go to hawaii, feel free to drag me along. i don't pack much & i'll bring my own cot.

Ashley said...

The best part about this is that bit about the yet unclaimed Cure tape. I really hope you win the Hawaii trip, what with you already having the NKOTB thing in the bag and all. Congrats!!!

P.S. I meant to ask you about the reunion tonight. You'll post about it right?