Friday, May 8, 2009

You Look SO Familiar--Have I seen You Somewhere Before?


Overheard in my closet today...

Shirt on Left: Hey! You're so cute. I like your style!

Shirt on Right: Thanks--you too! Love the color, it reminds me of something.

Shirt on Left: Right--I've got it. We're essentially the same freakin' shirt!

Shirt on Right: Correct! That's weird. Have you been hanging here for years? Hiding in the back? Tucked under the fuggy Christmas vest Kaari will use to win the ugly sweater 'n' nog party this year??

Shirt on Left: No. We were purchased on the same exact day last week.

Shirt on Right: So, Kaari didn't notice she essentially bought the same stupid shirt at two different stores?

Shirt on Left: Yep, and now you have to go back to the store.

Shirt on Right: Why me?

Shirt on Left: Because I'm Michael Kors, and you're from Sears.

The MK one is more stylish, but pretty much the same deal as the Sears one. The Sears one is longer, though, and could look good with skinny jeans and hot heels. The cruel irony is that I used a gift card to pick up the MK shirt @ Nordies (thanks girls!) so the Sears shirt cost more in the end than the MK one. I can't even justify it that way.

Which should stay, and which should go? Is it lame to have 2 versions of the same shirt?

8 comments:

Tyler said...

Do you love them each? Is the twinship the only reason for the return? If so, keep both. Wear the Sears one first. If you love it and wear it all the time, you will be so glad you have a second, even more stylish one in reserve. If not, you can return the Nordies one no matter how long it's been. I think they are both super cute. Tyler has long been a believer in buying multiples of the EXACT SAME SHIRT if he finds one he likes. I am catching on to the vision.

Ashley said...

That was me, but he will totally have opinions on this.

The Mostess said...

I kinda liked it when I thought Tyler was writing that both shirts were "super cute" and was speaking in third person.

Alie said...

I think maybe you should return the Nordies shirt, and keep the Sears shirt, so you can buy something different? Just an another excuse to go shopping again! (But, I must admit, I buy 2 or 3 of the same shirt allllll the time. (but, usually in different colors)

Lindsey said...

I'm with Alie. Find one in another color and keep them both!

I love that you had no idea you boutght two of the same shirt. That sounds so like me!

brooke said...

First of all, I love the shirt. Secondly, weren't you wearing a nearly identical one (a third possibly?) in one of your pictures in Vegas? I only remember because I thought it was cute. Third, I say the longer one trumps every time and I can't remember which one that is.

Life's a Dance said...

What is the best part is that you didn't even realize you had bought identical looking shirts! Made me laugh - but at least you know you love the style. Pick the one you feel the most fabulous in and take the other back is my vote....otherwise there could be closet fights late at night between the two....

Smith Family said...

Kaari I love you!!