Tuesday, August 12, 2008

To Colorado and Back

My mom recently moved back to The Heartland, and my sister will soon be following. We quickly realized that if I wanted my family loot, I would have to fly to Colorado and drive back with it. With one day's notice, I arrived in Colorado to help my sister go through our mom's storage unit and divvy up the family goods. I scored big-time...I found some of my Great-Grandmother's French end irons for our fireplace, and enough crystal and china to throw a fancy dinner party one of these days. Yes, you're invited--I will serve something fancy, like mutton.





We also found this ugly Indian-themed frame-blech:


I also dug out my Cabbage Patch Kids (Becky Sue, David Zachary, and Wilton Egbert, respectively) and stacks of elementary and junior high pictures, notes and yearbooks. Man, I had some bad hair, and a penchant for liking a different boy each week. It's a wonder I ever settled down and got married.

My sister and I stopped in to eat @ Sonic, a place my dad loathes almost as much as he loathes Texans and big trucks. Imagine my delight when 2 large trucks flanked me as I dined on a delicious Sonic lunch. I captured the magic just for him:




Lancer flew out and drove home with me. We drove almost 24 hours in 2 days...we're exhausted. We did see some cool clouds and sunsets on the way home:


The long, flat drive:


Gorgeous sunset:

This is what I get for using the "Ladies" room in Elko, Nevada. Classy.

A familiar and costly sight:


All in all, it was productive, though it did nothing to help with my "de-chubbing" goals. I ate, like, 50 pounds of beef in a week. Oh well. Back on the lard train.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

you are so hilarious. i love that you give the full names of your cabbage patch dolls. i was actaully JUST looking at cp dolls for avy's upcoming b-day...took me back to the good-ol days :)