Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mini-Me


While going through my mom's storage unit, I found some old school papers. Among these treasures was a funny and weird poem I wrote when I was in 2nd grade:


"Mary Lou"


There once was a girl named Mary Lou

Who was not a bit as sweet as you


Once she ran through the house

As if she had just seen a mouse


Right then she broke her mother's vase

And had to take off her ladies lace


Her mother did not know what to do

So she turned Mary Lou into glue.


Clearly, I read a ton of spooky stories and fairy tales as a kid. What a weird little ditty. I wonder if I was scared my mom would turn me into glue.

2 comments:

teuscher travels said...

OK- LOVED the seriously so blessed, absolutely hilarious and spot on like you said!! and I am glad you mom didnt turn you into glue!?! I bet you were an entertaining child:)

stacycaye said...

HEY! <-----yeah that is ME calling YOU to attention! I need your witty blog entries for entertainment. SSB is great and all, but I need real life stories from my real life friend!