Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Seriously, So Spot On!


I came across this mock-blog, and it's so well-written, I didn't realize it was fake until I was a few posts in. It lampoons Mormon Bloggers...more specifically, Mormon Married Bloggers, which are a particular subset of Mormon blogging peeps. It's rife with "way" funny observations and "so" spot on spoofs.

It follows the life of "Tiffany/Amber/Megan/Nic...TAMN for short. She is married to "Jordan/Jason/Wes/Taylor (JJWT)...they are recently married and are LOVING LIFE! Life is SO FUN, and they have SO MUCH FUN hanging out with their WAY FUN married friends. It's great because it's meant to be funny while observing the "glossiness" often found in Mormon blogs. My friends and I have discussed this phenomenon before--not that we want to be sharing our "way-not-fun" moments and assorted hardships with the world, but Mormon blogs tend to be over-the-top chipper about how great, fun, and perfect life is. It's also done in good fun, and reminds readers not to take things too seriously.

Sadly, a few jabs land squarely in my corner. I use "so" a lot, along with "va-cay"...and talk about my "hot husband" and his "faux-hawk." Ouch. Twilight and Archaletta fans (cough..cough..Hayley and Alie..cough...cough..) beware--you will also be mocked!

Seriously...enjoy!!

3 comments:

stacycaye said...

"For some unknown reason, I love pretending a sugar-free soda is meth." Taken from an entry from June 18th, 2008.

This made me laugh out loud in my office as I read it! One because it's so darned funny in and of itself. Two, this is oh so Linda!

stacycaye said...

Holy crap, Kaari. The more I read, the more I think...did I switch back to Kaari's page? lol.

Tiffany said...

I love this blog. It is so hilarious!!!!!!