Sunday, May 1, 2011

Let's go to the Hop!

I planned a 50's sock hop for my 35th party. We all hopped in my pink Cadillac, and headed on over to the Gray's Soda Shop for a night of twisting and hula hooping.


This stupid car was a big hit. Ashley and I made good use of it--we saw all sorts of exciting sights that made us pull stupendous faces!


Look! It's Danny Zuko!! Heyyyy Danny!! Looking fine!


Carly and I were no better

Nor were Inger and I



Whoa, Leeflangs! Get a room!


We dusted off the old jukebox and spun hits all night long--but not before we took some romantic shots in front of it. This one being the exception. Never discount the rage of a jealous high school girl!

Lance asked me to go steady with him, and I said yes! He's now my main squeeze, and I'm totally wearing his ring.



He got a little fresh, and snuck in a booty squeeze. I'm not that kind of girl--except that I totally am!





Inger and I tried to hula hoop in front of the jukebox, but this is as far as we got.




I totally made Lance's lettermans sweater. I bought the sweater for $3, and then sewed the "A" on, as well as the arm bands. Then I topped it off with the football on the front. It was pretty shoddy work. Tyler, in a rather mocking voice, said it looked "amazing--like a machine had stitched it." We can't all be sewing geniuses, dude! I thought it looked fairly good, though Lancer just asked if I was going to donate it back to Savers.


Miss J made an appearance



The lovely hosts of my party

We caught a glimpse of that skank, Sandy. She used to be all pure and stuff, but then Frenchie gave her this makeover, and then she crashed my party. We were totally judging her.







I got a little jealous again, even though Lancer is my steady boyfriend.

These 2 crazy ladies were locked in a hula hoop battle that spanned 2 1/2 songs. Fortunately for yellow, she beat white. I'm just surprised yellow even showed up. I told her I would give her a fiver if she actually showed. I later rescinded the offer when she failed to dance. I think she should pay me $5.




Of course, Hayley and I had to engage in some Rydell High worthy shenanigans.



I also got in some dancing with these 2 lovelies

Including an amazing duet to You're the one That I Want!" Since Mal was all hot and Sandy-like, I had to be Danny. But it was cool, because I got to fall on the floor and shake when I sang "it's electryfying!!!"

What night would be complete without a little old school throwback?? I won't tell you which song Louis and I were dancing to...suffice to say it references a Burger King....bathroom.


We had the 50's diner going all night long. It was serving up juicy hot dogs, sweet potato fries with my special spicy dip, my famous homemade BBQ meatballs, mini cupcakes, and assorted snacks and drinks.

The best part was my lame candles--as they brought out my mini cupcakes, they kept going out. Once they got close to me, I laughed and the air blew out my candles. One measly candle was left, and that one sealed my birthday wish. I'm sure of it!

And, thanks to Weight Watchers, I am now down 10 lbs! Just in time for the party. Ashley pointed out that fat + costume=nothing good. So I was sure glad to be looking more like my normal self.

Thanks to all for a fun and retro evening!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

WHAT?!?!!

I get NO CREDIT for dancing?! What's a girl gotta do to get a little credit around here???

Molly said...

Okay, those car pictures are hilarious! Looks like your sock hop was a total success!

The Gilberts said...

Totally missed out on this one! That looks like my kind of party. Happy Bdy!

Ashley said...

Once again you threw a great party, maybe my favorite one yet, even in spite of the water dispenser-turned-fire hydrant! And you looked hot in your sweater and little capries!

April said...

I thought I'd seen you go all-out before, but the sock hop really showed your mad party throwin' skillz! Those pictures are hilarious! I only wish we could have worked out a better babysitter and partied all night with you.

Hayley said...

so much fun. still trying to gain composure since you & louis' dance-off. the meatballs were delicious!
thanks for such a rockin night!!!
35 looks very lovely on you.

brooke said...

Girl, you don't do anything half-ass.