Sunday, November 28, 2010

Giving Thanks

Who knew last Thanksgiving we would have a 2 month old bundle 'o' joy?? Not this lady! I'm thankful that I get to rock a bye with this baby all the time!

Especially when I get adorable smiles like this! We are so grateful and thankful for Blakely!

As we keep stating, we are tired peeps. We decided that doing a potluck Thanksgiving spread was the best option possible. We did the turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, corn pudding, cornbread stuffing, and gluten free pies. Our friends brought the rest.

I was totally proud of my bird. We have always smoked our turkeys, so this was my first year doing the bird. I was so excited by the prospect that I went out and bought a sweet Calphalon roaster to ensure a proper bird. It didn't disappoint. I'm in love with that pan, and I'm dying to roast a rack of lamb or some other fancy offering just so I can use it!

Lancer carved the bird, and we dug in.

Turns out the bird was as tasty as it looked--we made quick work of that baby.

It was a fun and relaxing day with friends and our little family


As always, my crazy friends and I did Black Friday. I love the crowds, the pushy shoppers, the rock bottom prices....the crazier the better. It's like an insane concert, but I get to come home with booty. This year we outdid ourselves and got up at 4 AM to shop. We hit Target by 5 because Hayley really wanted to get Toy Story 3 for $13. We had to hear about it all.week.long.

We entertained the crowds with singing and dancing. They looked at us like we were insane. Life really isn't like it is on Glee afterall!

After Target, we hit Kohl's. I told Whitney to put the gross footie on her face and pretend to rob the place. She was so tired she agreed, and then we both got in on the robbery action.



After Kohl's, we hit up the Great Mall in Milpitas. It's kind of a ghetto dive, but there were great deals to be had.

Like this hat!! Hayley decided that she wanted to be the Unsinkable Molly Brown. It's a solid look.

Look what Whitney did to this boot aisle in a shopping frenzy. For shame.

I cleaned up at Carter's. I bought Beezie's 6 month old fleece jammers, and a bunch of tops and leggings. They're Christmas gifts because she's too little to know that clothes are a crappy gift. I can probably run this con until she's about 3.

I also cleaned up at The Children's Place. The store was organized chaos. The hem of some pants brushed up on a lady's forehead, and she accused me of "hitting her in the head." I almost threw down with her--Black Friday is a contact sport. Besides my almost brush with the law, I bought a ton of cute tops, leggings, and shorts for next summer. I spent about $50 and got $400 worth of clothing.

I also got this cute fleece suit for the cold weather we've been having. It's freezing!! I'm about to bust out a little "Brrr...it's cold in here! There must be some Torro's in the atmosphere!!"



Gobble Gobble everyone!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Yesterday afternoon I was walking around a calm and quiet Target when I came upon a rack full of Toy Story 3's for $13. Don't tell Hayley.

Lance said...

The food was great; I want more leftovers, but they are all gone. Love little B's new bag to keep her warm!

brooke said...

Your Thanksgiving was pretty impressive. I about died when you listed all that you guys made and then said "our friends brought the rest..." What? More?

Anyway, don't tell Hayley that Sam came home with Toy Story 3 from Walmart a couple weeks ago and paid about 15 bucks for it.

I am a shopper and a deal lover but I draw the line at Black Friday. My hatred of crowds outweighs my love of a deal. I bought a ton from Toys R Us online last night though!

BTW, I love your pillows on your couch. And Blakely looks adorable of course.